RosettaBooks selects the BiblioLIVE publishing system
RosettaBooks has selected Virtusales BiblioLIVE publishing system in the cloud to support their rapidly expanding business.
RosettaBooks launched in 2001 with a list of 100 preeminent backlist titles. Today they publish more than 500 titles including dozens of short form originals. RosettaBooks sells over 1,000,000 ebooks annually worldwide and is a leading independent ebook publisher. RosettaBooks plans to add another 200 plus titles next year. See www.rosettabooks.com for their bestselling titles.
With title volume increasing rapidly, RosettaBooks required a system that would support efficiencies in converting print books into various eBook formats, while maintaining the management of associated metadata.
"We needed to centralize files, data, and metadata as the number of information streams and parties we worked with increased," says Greg Freed, head of ebook production and distribution at RosettaBooks. "RosettaBooks selected BiblioLIVE to increase data and metadata flexibility. I couldn't be more pleased with our decision."
Rodney Elder, VP Commercial Operations, at Virtusales comments: “We are delighted to bring on RosettaBooks as a client. Their business model is exciting and a great example of how the publishing industry is changing. BiblioLIVE gives smaller publishers such as RosettaBooks access to the same functionality and technology as the larger publishers without the need for IT staff.”Scope of the project with Virtusales:
Project set up
- Project Scheduling
- Digital Asset Management DAM
Access through the Internet with all upgrades, data back up and disaster recovery managed by Virtusales.Key functions that are completed using BiblioLIVE
- Workflow for title metadata creation and validation for ONIX compliance
- Managing the conversion of print and digital files to eBook formats
- Production of sales and marketing materials such as TIP sheets and catalogues
- Sending files through the digital asset management system to 3rd party vendors who convert the files and can then check the converted files back directly into the DAM
- Automatically sending ebook metadata to their website
- Automatically sending ebook metadata and ebook files to their eBook distributor - CoreSource.